Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
online source contest
A Digital Scavenger Race
From John Palfrey, author of
Born Digital: Understanding the first generation of digital natives
(Basic Books, 2008):
"[Teachers need to] give young people the digital media learning skills that they need. Right now, we are not teaching young people to sort credible information from less credible information online, despite the proliferation of sources and the extent to which we know young people are relying on such sources"
Who will get the the most accurate, timely, and unbiased info quickest? Your answers will be checked collectively--be prepared to defend the reliability of your sources!
1. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s connection with the
Young Communists League
2. What is the median household income of the average Swiss citizen?
3. What is the most common element in the earth's atmosphere?
4. [Two-parter] Where was Barack Obama born, and what astrological sign is he?
5. What was the price of a gallon of gasoline in 1950 in the USA?
6. In what large ( >1 million inhabitants) American city is air pollution the worst?
Once you have them all, post your answers on the discussion tab--hurry!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"